Monday, August 29, 2011

This ain't my first rodeo


But it is my first blog post on a shiny new blog! I've had a few attempts at blogging over the years, but since I never really had good direction in life, it never really went anywhere besides me rambling. (which I assure will still happen a lot...look I'm doing it now!)

First posts are always so awkward. I'll try and sum up what I do and don't want this blog to be.
I don't want this blog to be a sales pitch or outlet for my business, that's why I have a business blog. I want a person blog because I feel like the business blog, is not somewhere I can let loose and vocalize how I was feeling that day. Let's just say I don't like to mix business with pleasure too much.
I don't want to solicit reviews from other companies and stores.
I do want to do reviews if someone offers/asks me to, and will always send some love to the products/companies I've bought from and tested. I will not bash companies whose products didn't work out so well for me, it's not good juju.
I'm on the fence about ad space. It will not be a regular thing, and if I do it, I likely will only offer to wahms or crafty mamas at little to no cost.
I'm not setting out to try and make money from my blog, if it happens, that's pretty sweet but if not, no big deal.
I do want this blog to be about me and my family. And I really want to be active in the blogging/mama blogger community. It just seems like a lot of fun!
I will post regularly about things I am passionate about; cloth diapering, baby wearing, attachment parenting, recycling, re-purposing, crafting, sewing, cooking, school and sometimes what I consider hot-button issues.

I'm a pretty opinionated chick, and I know not everyone will agree with me on a lot of things, but hey, it's my blog!

If you are coming here from my business page, Heyy, so glad to have you! I'm excited to have customers come here and get to know the face behind the business more...it brings a whole new facet to Internet businesses. Before all this social networking, the online sales world was a pretty scary thing, you don't know who is really selling to you, but I'm happy to share with all my customers from near and far.

Those of you who aren't coming from my business page, no worries, this isn't a business blog and I have no intentions of it to be. Sure, I will post products that I sell from time to time, but it won't be some sales plug scouts honor. That will be left to the Snaps & Snails Blog. It is mostly because the products I sell are things we use on a pretty much daily basis in our house, and as our product offerings expand, I'm sure you will see things pop up here and there, but that's not what I want this blog to be.

So link up, like me, follow me, tweet me...whatever it is they're saying this week, I'd love to send some love your way =D

7 comments:

  1. I am your first follower found you on MBC. Like what you had to say. Hope you can come by and support my blog.. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you first start blogging, you feel like a newbie that has no idea what you should be doing. My first blog had no direction. Like you, I was just ramblings with a few reviews and giveaways. But other than that, it was just like a journal or something. You'll eventually get the hang of it- I promise!

    New follower, by the way. Feel free to stop on by!- http://edgeofinsane.blogspot.com

    Have a great week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I have thought the same. Sometime in the future I will follow in your footsteps and do a personal blog.

    New to following you from MBC!
    Danielle.
    http://daniellepender.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the blog! New follower from the monday mingle hop, have a great week! You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower via GFC, stopping by from http://couponingfromfl2mi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a new blog! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Monday Mingle Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Follower from MBC. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete