Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You said what?

 
I was planning on hopping on the Wordless Wednesday train...but instead I wanted to share some OMG/WTF/LOL things that people have said with inspiration from Bloggy Moms Blog Dare. I think we've all had tons of these moments where we just couldn't believe (for good or bad reasons) that certain words just came out of someones mouth. I'd love to hear yours, so share in the comments or link up your own post about "I can't believe he/she said that" so I can check it out.

First off lets start with my most memorable rude OMG WTF moment:
When I was about 6 months pregnant, I was working at a shoe store in a mall. One particular evening I was closing up shop and as I was locking the door to leave, an older woman wearing a Zellers employee shirt walked up to me. She asked me the typical annoying pregnancy questions like how far along I was, is it a boy or a girl, is it my first baby etc. Then out of no where she goes, 
"So how do you plan on graduating from high school with a new baby?"


This was clearly my past, present and future position according to the Zellers employee.

Now how about a really funny OMG WTF LOL? (although that one was kind of funny). When I was going to university, I also worked for a shoe store. (What can I say, I had a shoe obsession) Well one particular busy day in the store, I was helping a mom who needed to find some good comfy shoes for work, she had brought her two sons with her. They were about 6 and 8 years old, and were pretty rambunctious. Anyway, they were climbing all over the chairs and trying on purses and laughing. Finally I asked them to stop climbing on things so they didn't get hurt, and the older one turns to me and says,
"KAMEHAMEHA!!!" while throwing out his arms like he was casting a spell.
Reference via picture from: Anime Vice for those of you who aren't huge nerds like me.

And last but not least one more parenting OMGWTF moment that really got me going one time. Lily has gotten pretty used to her normal mode of transportation over her two years of life being one of my carriers or wraps instead of being a stroller or walking. We always get at least one or two comments and on the whole they are positive. It's mostly just quick a compliment of the carrier or how comfy she looks, and sometimes people are surprised when I turn around and she's just happily chillin' out on my back. But one time we were walking to the post office to drop off some orders, I was wearing a wrap instead of my usual pouch carrier. When a mom with a stroller shocked me when we were at a stop light by saying,
"You know, that's exactly how babies die"


Just for good measure, here's a picture of me carrying my clearly not dead child:

So what are some of your OMG/WTF/LOL moments?

1 comment:

  1. Omg that last comment about how babies die is HILARIOUS! You should have told her that strollers are how babies loose their fingers...

    ReplyDelete