Monday, September 05, 2011

Growing up is hard to do


Today is truly a gorgeous day. Although you can tell fall is right around the corner. This is my most favorite time of year. Kids are going back to school, the humidity that made me stick to everything I touched is leaving but it's still nice enough out to enjoy some ice cream.
What do you call this season between seasons?


Anyway, we went to the park today in hopes my little brown eyed girl would burn herself out. But who am I kidding, that never happens. And as we were watching the kids play I thought about how different my childhood was compared to how hers is going to be. Reminiscing is fun, but I often find myself living in the past too much. I don't want to relive the past, but sometimes I would like to watch it on an old movie reel. So in the hopes that some day there will be either a movie about my life or a time machine (which is probably more likely), here are

10 Things to tell my younger self:
  1. Whatever it is, it's not the end of the world
  2. Hair dye is not shampoo
  3. Two essentials of life: Toothbrush and band aids
  4. Don't wear those white pants. Actually, don't even buy them at all
  5. Say it all now, because you may not get another chance
  6. Alcohol will not quench your thirst
  7. Hoes before bros
  8. Don't let anyone let you feel inferior. If they try, ditch 'em
  9. Sometimes, listening to mom and dad actually is a good idea
  10. Be yourself, and no one else
Time travel is fun!
I'd love to hear just 1 thing you would tell your younger self...go for it.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog from Measuring Flower's blog hop and am glad to by a new follower. Every time I think of this song, I think of my time in Panama City Beach...I bought my first Jimmy Buffett CD there and he did a cover of this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your blog! Mom Blog Society is all about it's members and their blogs. Mom Blog Society is currently seeking bloggers to feature on our homepage.
    If you are interested in being featured on Mom Blog Society come on over. Being featured means you will be on the main page, in our slider, with a link to your blog. In addition, you will receive a VIP badge to add to your blog showing you were featured on Mom Blog Society. In order to be featured, you will need to sign up at http://momblogsociety.com fill out your profile and provide us with an image for the slider. The image should be large and clear, approximately 653x350 pixels. In addition, members that are active and create a group/s and or post on the NEW site will also receive a VIP member badge for their profile as well as get a chance to be in our Society Spotlight.

    Ladonna Dennis,
    Mom Blog Society
    http://momblogsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tell my younger self "Don't let your enemies define you."

    Congrats on the Mom Blog Society offer:)

    ReplyDelete