Today is truly a gorgeous day. Although you can tell fall is right around the corner. This is my most favorite time of year. Kids are going back to school, the humidity that made me stick to everything I touched is leaving but it's still nice enough out to enjoy some ice cream.
What do you call this season between seasons?
Anyway, we went to the park today in hopes my little brown eyed girl would burn herself out. But who am I kidding, that never happens. And as we were watching the kids play I thought about how different my childhood was compared to how hers is going to be. Reminiscing is fun, but I often find myself living in the past too much. I don't want to relive the past, but sometimes I would like to watch it on an old movie reel. So in the hopes that some day there will be either a movie about my life or a time machine (which is probably more likely), here are
10 Things to tell my younger self:
- Whatever it is, it's not the end of the world
- Hair dye is not shampoo
- Two essentials of life: Toothbrush and band aids
- Don't wear those white pants. Actually, don't even buy them at all
- Say it all now, because you may not get another chance
- Alcohol will not quench your thirst
- Hoes before bros
- Don't let anyone let you feel inferior. If they try, ditch 'em
- Sometimes, listening to mom and dad actually is a good idea
- Be yourself, and no one else
Time travel is fun!I'd love to hear just 1 thing you would tell your younger self...go for it.